Sunday, July 19, 2009

1st attempt!

So I have gotten asked a lot if I can make a small wedding cake to go on top of the cupcake stand. I always say no but I thought "what the heck, I might as well try." So we had a birthday party for my grandma and I told my mom I would make the birthday cake. Well here's how it turned out. I was happy with the results but would NEVER NEVER sale this. There were so.....many FLAWS and mistakes. I can't believe how hard it was and I can't believe how expensive fondant is. No wonder they charge an arm and a leg for wedding cakes.
I'm just going to keep practicing and hopefully one day I can say "Yes, I can make you a small wedding cake :)"


So I was trying to put orange flowers with frosting on the cake and it just kept dripping down and I had to wipe it off and figure out what to do now. That's what the orange stains are.



The fondant cracked while I was putting it on. I tried to fix it but it just got worse. This was the back of the cake OF COURSE!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

It still turned out so cute! Maybe you have already done this but if not, you should take a cake decorating class, I'm sure they have them for working with fondant! I am so impressed!

Stephanie Kelly said...

it realy did turn out cute. hahah but I can only imagine you swearing at it!! haha