Thursday, September 23, 2010

33 weeks

Well I'm 33 weeks today and my water broke last night.  Monday I had major bleeding, went to the dr's again, my placenta was bleeding but baby looked good and they sent me home.  Bleeding stopped Tuesday, thought I was in the clear some what.  Last night (Wed) around 10pm felt fluid coming out, basicly thought I was peeing myself.  It was clear fluid (sorry for the description) so didn't think much of it till 5 min later it happened again.  Went on line, said it could be amniotic fluid but might not be.  So went to bed, woke up ever hour from fluid.  Called my Dr. at 8am, saw him at 8:50am...positive my water broke.  Dangit!  
He said I had a couple of options: 1. Because I am only 33 weeks my hospital American Fork won't take me till I'm 34 weeks therefore I wouldn't be able to keep my dr either.  2. I can go on strict bed rest if I promise to really go on bed rest.  He debated on it for a while, he was nervous for infection but said because I only have 4 more days till I'm 34 weeks he said I could go on bed rest.  They gave me a steroid shot to help fight anything that might happen.  Hopefully she will stay in for a little longer.
Dave is home THANK GOODNESS!  He was scheduled to leave Saturday morning till Tuesday night but called out for emergency.  Dave was happy to get it off only because BYU plays at home that day :) but didn't like that he was having to get it off for this situation, he's more nervous then me I think. 
Well keep us in your prayers.  I hope everything goes well.  I have a positive attitude that everything will work out. 

4 comments:

The Mitchell's said...

Oh no Alisha, I will for sure keep you in my prayers. GOOD LUCK! :)

Lyns said...

I will totally be keeping you guys in my prayers! BYU would be top on the list of reasons for Randy to call in for an emergency too. :) Good luck and keep us posted!!

Linzee said...

Wow, good luck! We too will definitely be praying for you, but I am sure it will all work out great! Can't wait to see pics of the cute little girl!!

Steve and Jenny Hunter said...

Hey Alisha! Keep taking it easy and don't stress too much. Steve's sister had her baby at 25 weeks and she is now a healthy eight year old with no problems. I also have a very good friend who had her baby at 34 weeks (same thing...water broke early and they held her off for a few days). The baby was 4 and 1/2 pounds and was only in the hospital for thirteen days because of jaundice issues (she had to stay under the lights most of the time). That little girl is now six and has no problems. We are praying for you. If you need us to watch Dexton for you or anything, just call! We love you!!!