Thursday, January 6, 2011

Very 1st attempt making a gingerbread house...




So a while back I noticed Macey's Grocery store was having a gingerbread house contest.  I have never ever made one before but I have watched many people make them on food network so I thought, what the heck I will enter, what do I have to loose...well it was a lot harder then I thought and a lot more expensive then I thought.  Just the molasses itself costs $3 and I had to buy 4 to make this house.  (it goes into the gingerbread recipe.)  This house took me 4 days around 35-40 hours.  For my 1st I was very happy with the results.  1st place won $500!!!  And guess what place I took... drum roll.... NOTHING :(  I couldn't believe the amazing gingerbread houses that were entered.  Wow a lot of talent.  Though I didn't place I had a ton of fun making it and for sure will do it again next year.  Oh you just wait...next years is going to be twice as big and awesomer!!!!!  Hee hee hee :)

2 comments:

Mary and Matt Sumsion said...

Hey, I seem to find the best deals at Smiths with the coupons. If you go to the website, www.savvyshopperdeals.com, they list all the grocery stores and what deals are going on that week and what the items cost with your coupons. Go to the website, go to shopping wizard, then grocery deals.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of making one for my first time as well, how intense were the prize winner's houses? Do you have any suggestions? Is there anything I should know?
Thanks!