Tuesday, April 21, 2009

SLC 1/2 Marathon 2009


Well I made it, I can't believe it. I seriously almost started to cry when I crossed the finish line because I couldn't believe I just did it. It was so...hard. When little old people are passing me it's very discouraging :( The funny thing is that I have already ran one but for some reason this one was much harder, maybe cause I was running it faster and that some of it was up hill where in Provo none of it was up hill. It was hard but man do I feel like I just accomplished so much. I am so happy that I did it and will continue doing it for the rest of my life! I am planning on doing a full marathon this summer. Anyone in? Here was my time and placing... 1 hour 49 min 39 seconds and last year I got 2 hours 3 min. Yahoo I killed my time! Placed 731 out of...are you ready for this...4,125.

3 comments:

Steve and Jenny Hunter said...

Congrats Alisha! I am proud of you for doing that. Hopefully I can be in good enough shape to do one with you someday. I am now to where I can run 6 miles... I have a ways to go to get to 1/2 marathon, but it is a goal. I'll keep training so you can kick my butt when we run one together in the future.

Emily said...

Wow! Great time. You are absolutely amazing!

Linzee said...

Congrats! That is awesome