Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Provo Halloween 1/2 Marathon


So Dave, our good friend Alex, and I ran another 1/2 marathon together. It was Dave's and Alex's 2nd and my 4th. I'm not going to lie, none of us trained well for this run and we felt it at the end. The next 3 days we could hardly walk. If Dexton touched my leg it felt like there were a million bruises all over my legs. I definatly learned my lesson, though we did well. I finished in 1 hour 46 min, Dave finished in 1 hour 55 min. 4-5 miles were all down hill which was brutal. You would think that would be easier but it wasn't. It kills your joints. It was a fun race but I don't think I would do this particular one again because it was on Halloween. That night when we took Dexton trick or treating it was miserable. We both were so sore that we just wanted to get it done and over with and thats not fair to our Dexton :( It was a good run though and great experience!!!

1 comment:

Steve and Jenny Hunter said...

You guys are so awesome to do that! Someday we can do one together.... someday in the future when I am in better shape and we are in the same location. How much do they cost to do around Utah? Out here it seems pretty pricey to run a half marathon (some I looked at a while ago were around $40-$50--t-shirt and refreshments afterward included), but the 5K and 10Ks aren't too bad.