Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's a GIRL!!!

So Dave, Dexton, and I went to get my ultrasound on Friday.  I asked Dexton all week what the baby was and he kept saying it was a girl, but then as soon as we got in the room he said it was a boy.  Dave and I thought it was a girl just because this pregnancy has been so....different.  I feel amazing and that is NOT usual.  When she told us it was a girl I almost started to cry I was so excited!  Not that I wouldn't have wanted a boy but since Dave and I got married we always wanted a little girl.  Dexton still says it's a boy, maybe he knows something we don't eek.

A while back when I was 12 weeks along we were at Disneyland and we had a scare.  I thought I was having a miscarriage.  We panicked, left the park and called our Doctor immediately.  He told us that it was probably just because of all the walking, but there so way too much blood.  I just knew it was a miscarriage.  We went in as soon as we got home that week and there was a heart beat!  Hew!!!  He wanted to take an ultra sound just to make sure everything was ok and there it was... another sack (I think that's what it was).  I was going to have TWINS!!!  Around 8 weeks the other one had passed.  It was such a bitter sweet feeling.  I was sad but so happy that there was a baby still alive.  I never knew this but this is VERY COMMON!!!  They say that a lot of women don't even know it happened to them until they go in.  I am so blessed, I feel so very lucky to have my Dexton and now my little girl.  I feel so fortunate and so grateful!  I love Dave and Dexton so much and feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world!!! 

7 comments:

The Mitchell's said...

Congrats! Now you'll have a little shoppin buddy! Girls are fun! :)

Lyns said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You are going to LOVE having a little girl! Girls are fabulous. Get shopping! :)

Woodlands said...

Congratulations! You will love having a little girl. Jessica

Lund Family said...

I am SOOOO excited for you guys! A little girl! CONGRATS!!!

Emily said...

Alisha! Congrats! I am so beyond excited you are prego again. What a scare you had, especially with the previous miscarriage. And having a girl is a fun bonus! Yahoo! You made my night, now I can go to sleep happy. I love you!
PS: When's the due date?

Stephanie Kelly said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY yay!

The 6 Steiners said...

Congrats!!! Every Momma should have a little girl! I am so excited for you!!!!!