Monday, February 21, 2011

My hair is falling out!

Well I think I might have found the reason why I am having a hard time loosing my last 15 lbs.  It all started about a month ago when I was realizing in the shower a lot of hair was going down the drain.  Then I started noticing on my counter top while brushing my hair a lot of hair was appearing on the counter.  It was finally the day I was folding my laundry on my bedroom floor and noticed all the hair on my clothes...oh my gosh my hair is falling out!!!  In the shower I was noticing hand fulls of hair was in my hands while rinsing the shampoo out.  I thought for sure it was the diet.  I couldn't find anything saying it might be then I thought hmm maybe it's my IUD.  Well I researched it on line and I found tons of women saying the same thing, hair loss, not being able to loose weight, irritable, anxiety, etc.  I had all these symptoms.  I asked my sister n'law if she had these and she said she did but it finally went away.  She said just now her hair is growing back.  Now what to do...I am thinking more of getting it out.  I don't know how much more hair I can loose. 

5 comments:

Tessa said...

My hair falls out like crazy too! It's disgusting, but my sister that went to hair school informed me that women lose about 200 strands a day! I don't know how I still have any on my head but I do =)

The 6 Steiners said...

That is crazy. I would be bald. Seriously I have like no hair at all. I use Nioxen shampoo and conditioner from Sally's Beauty Supply. It helps for hair loss. It has worked so well on me and my girls hair. Good Luck!

Natalie said...

I had an IUD twice and the same thing happened to me the 2nd time. I had it out and lost 15 pounds in two weeks. And my hair quit falling out :) Good luck to you!

kars and linz said...

My doctor told me that you don't loose as much hair as you should daily because of your hormones and such that is why hair gets crazy when your pregnant. But than after the baby your hormones shift and so your hair starts falling out like crazy! Mine did the exact same... and now I have lovely little baby hairs to show from it! Just one of the lovely things we get to go through added to the stretch marks and extra weight!

Molly said...

I am losing alot of hair too. It happens 3 to 4 months after you give birth. Mine is finally starting to not fall out as much. I thought something was wrong but my mom and sisters said it was normal, and I researched it and everywhere online said it is because while you are pregnant your hair tends to grow and get thicker and then after you give birth and your hormones regulate you loose up to 500 hairs a day. Normally you loose 100-150 a day. But they said it should only last a few months.