Saturday, August 8, 2009

2009 Provo River 1/2 Marathon

So this was my 3rd 1/2 Marathon and it's only the beginning. I am addicted! I absolutely love it! And I got my hubbie Dave and our good friend Alex to run it with me this time. Tave, Alex's wife, was also going to run it with us but when she went to sign up registration was closed :( But she is going to be running one soon. But it was great. I loved having people I know run it with me. It was actually funny cause when I was running a women called out my name and it was my friends mom from high school/neighbor growing up, running the 1/2 too and saw me. It was great. I was so impressed she was running it cause she just got a pace maker in. Crazy I know. Amazing I know! Go Connie Morgan! We are not sure what are times are though yet because we were at the back of the pack so we're thinking our times are 10 min quicker then the clock said. Atleast I hope it is! Dave and Alex did freaking awesome being their first time. Alex thought he was going to average 12 min miles and Dave thought he would do bad cause he had knee problems. Nope they did great averaging 10 min miles. Go Team Dave and Alex. I for some reason did not feel well, (had stomic issues, a lot of runners get this, I don't know why) and the ironic thing this exact thing happened last year at this race. But I did it and survived and had a pretty good time I think. This is only the begining of running! I love it, will continue doing it as long as I possibly can, and
I WILL BE RUNNING A FULL MARATHON BY 2011!!!!
Me and My Dave!
Our hottie husbands!
(Check out Alex's Nipples. They almost started bleeding LOL)
Dave Finishing Strong!
Go Dave!
Alex Dancing In! Atleast that's what it looks like :)
Alex happy that he finished it and feeling great!!!
Alex and his baby Andy
Me Finishing Running at 100%

My friend Tava yelled my name and I couldn't even see her with all the people. I was trying to figure out who was yelling my name :)
For accurate times they had us wear chips on our shoes to keep track of our times. At the end they were clipping the chips off from our shoes. At the Salt Lake Half they gave us ones that we could keep.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations you two!

Stephanie Kelly said...

Go Job I wish I was there to watch you guys. Maybe next time.

malia said...

awesome!!