Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mt. Timpanogas!

Mount Timpanogas

The Top!
On the top posing by the Shack
There wasn't even one drop of snow when we started this hike. This is how it was from the top down. MISERABLE!

Us in the cloud
In the middle of the Hike going up. Already tired :)
Dave, Me, Tava, Alex, Mark, Will, & Erin
Me at the Saddle. So happy :)
I just love my Dave! This was so fun to do with him!

So our friends Alex and Tava thought it would be fun if we all hiked Mount Timpanogas together. Everyone had hiked it before but Will and I. I was stoked! I climbed Mount Nebo when I was in high school and loved it. So we left early morning (4am to be exact) on Saturday and met at the bottom of AF canyon and drove to the bottom. It was dark but got light fast. We didn't start till 5am and got done at 1pm. I know we're slow. By the time we got to the top I was so happy. This hike wasn't that hard getting up and what an accomplishment to get to the top. It was awesome because half our hike up we were in a cloud which you can see in the pictures. We couldn't even see the city because of the cloud. It started to get colder so we thought we would head back down. Not even one min after we decided we better go it started to snow then 2 minutes later bullets of hale started pouring down and it felt like someone was shooting a million bb's at us all over our body. It freaking killed. The wind was blowing so hard and then the lightning and thunder started. All of a sudden Dave jumps back... not even 25 feet in front of us lightning struck. We all could feel it and Dave's hair stood up. All us girls were paniking. I was so scared I just kept thinking of Dexton and Angie having to take him. I don't know what I was more scared of the lightning or Angie taking Dexton if I died...:) Finally about 10 min later the lightning stopped but the hale and snow kept coming. Now I was miserable! From the top down I seriously just kept thinking when is this going to be over with. I am so glad I did it but will I ever do it again? I don't know, if I do I will make sure the forecast is 100% GOOD.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I have always wanted to hike Timp but that sounds a little scary. I'm glad you made it down safely.