Monday, February 8, 2010

Is he ready???



I haven't been pushing Dexton to go potty but I thought today I might as well try. I bought him underwear (which he has no clue what they are) stripped him butt naked, fed him lots of salty and sweet foods to make him drink a lot and hoped for him to go potty. I bribed him with a toy and candy. A while later I see Dexton squatting on the floor taking a dump. Thank goodness and saw him and caught it in time to put him on the toilet while he screamed. He did not want to sit on the toilet, so I'm pretty sure he is NOT READY yet so I will be trying again in 3 to 4 months most likely. If you have any tips I am opened to anything. A lot of people have told me if they are not ready do not push them so I am trying not to do so.

p.s. I am so mad that I bought this disgusting toilet. After I had to clean the poop out of it I decided never again. I'm going to Walmart today to buy that thing you put over the regular toilet. I know for a FACT Dave would not touch that little toilet with poop in it. They are so disgusting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the gross potty thing. We bought one for Brielle the other day, but she hasn't officially used it but she seems to be interested so I figure I will just warm her up to the idea and then try in a while. She asks to go "potty toilet" but usually after she has went. Definitely don't push it from what I hear. My brothers twins are a good example, Tessa has been trained for 5 months or so but Thomas wants nothing to do with it.