Saturday, February 13, 2010

Just got scammed!!!


So about 5 years ago I won the show case show down on the Price is Right with Bob Barker. Well I won old people stuff (I only say that because the stuff I won you have to have a big home for or atleast a house) like a HUGE dining room set which my mom bought from me and has in her home, a couch (which I just sold yae!) a grandfather clock, a Juke Box (which is cool but who knows when we will ever get to use it) and some other stuff. So my sister n'law gave me the idea to put all this stuff on KSL. We have just been storing it at my parents house for all these years. I just recently put it on and immediately got responses for the couch. And I just sold the couch to some people in Toelle. Well this week I have been getting a guy wanting to buy the Juke Box which no one has even asked about. He told me he would pay me $7000. Holy Crap, SOLD! So we have been emailing back and forth this week and he told me he wanted to do it through paypal. Paypal is really safe, I made sure to call paypal and make sure he couldn't take money out. Sounded safe so I did it. I told him my paypal account and instantly he emailed me back and told me he put 7,650 into my account. He said I needed to take the extra $650 out to pay for shipping which I would need to wire the money to. Ding ding ding RED FLAG! What you need me to wire you $650, doesn't make any since. Immediatly Dave and I was on the phone with Paypal and re read the emails and yes we just got scammed! Freaking idiot! So now Dave just emailed him back saying it will be done soon and give him a taste of his own medicine idiot! Why do people have to be so dishonest! Atleast we had our guard up and didn't wire him the money, but can you imagine if we had. OMG I can't! I can't even imagine what we would have done.

2 comments:

Sandra Mangelson said...

If you still have the jukebox, I would be interested in it. I wouldn't pay you $7,000 for it, but would like to know what you would take for it.

Will you call me 435-623-4406.
I live in Levan and am Annie Mangelson Nielson's mother.

Stephanie Kelly said...

ewww this whole post just makes me want to swear!! Good for you guys for being smart!